Thursday, 30 January 2014

The Empty Shop

Hello, On my way home today I came across something really interesting and quite clever if you ask me. 

The empty shop it is a charity organisation for the homeless, operating as a pop-up clothing drive, the first of its kind in the UK, The concept is basic – instead of taking clothes from the shop, you bring cloths to the shop. Fashion bloggers, stylists and fashion faces will then transform the store with latest trends and style/looks made from the donated cloths to encourage further clothing contributions. Each night the shop gets emptied and the mannequin gets undressed ready for new clothing donations in the following morning. 

Donations will either be distributed directly to those enduring freezing temperatures this winter or sold to raise money for homeless projects, The project started in brazil after being successful in brazil Shop and bar fitters Clarke Gough have then decided to bring the concept in the UK.

Have you ever saw a homeless person and wanted to help them but wondered if they will use the money you give them in good or bad?! well now with the empty shop you can help them in style!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will carry on coming back to my page and see what I have to say-- because I have a lot to say.
    I come back again and again, but you don't seem to have much to say! Where is new beginning?

    ReplyDelete